From now onwards you need not worry about carrying a Registration Certificate (RC) book and driving license along with you while going out. As per the notification issued by the central government based on the amendment to the 1989 Motor Vehicles Act, keeping an RC book and driving license at hand is not mandatory. These important documents can easily be produced through mParivahan mobile app.
This amazing app will not only save you from the hard work of carrying the hard copies of these documents but also help to save you from paying fines imposed for not carrying these documents with you.
Through this app, you can download the driving license and RC book and store it on your mobile phone. Even if these documents are not downloaded on your mobile phone, you can show particulars relating to these documents through this app on your phone and avoid paying fine.
Storing these documents in mParivahan mobile app is an easy process. It can be done following the steps given below:
- Download mParivahan app from Google Play Store. After the installation has been completed, click on the Open tab.
- When you open the app you will firstly find information on Covid, Aarogya Setu app. After closing it, mParivahan notification will appear on the screen. Click on Ok.
- On the screen, you will see ‘Welcome to mParivahan’. On the upper portion, you can see three lines. Click on it and you can see the Sign In option.
- After clicking on the Sign In option, enter your mobile number and click on Continue.
- Enter the OTP number which comes in your mobile number, then your mobile number will get registered. Click on the small square to accept the terms and conditions and then click on Submit button.
- On the left side top, you can see RC, DL.Enter your RC number to get details: in this space, you have to type your vehicle number without providing any space between numbers and alphabets. For instance, if your vehicle number is KL07CD1234, you need to type it without providing any space. If your vehicle number is KL07CD0005, then you need to type only the last four digits of your vehicle number. Then click on the Search icon.
- Then you will get to see the full details of your vehicle. Click on the button Add to Dashboard for Virtual RC given below.
- The screen which appears next will have your vehicle’s chassis number barring the last four digits. Then, type the four digits correctly after checking your RC book. Next, type the last four digits of the engine number and click on Verify. Now your Virtual RC is ready.
- Now go to the original screen. Click on the DL button and enter your full Driving License number to get the details. For instance: 07/1234/2000. Then click on the Search button.
- You will be asked to enter your date of birth. Type your date of birth as it is mentioned in the driving license. For instance: A person born on May 17, 2000 should type 17-05-2000. Then your driving license details will appear. Add to Dashboard for Virtual DL. Type your date of birth once again. Now your Virtual DL is ready.
- On the top, when you click on the Dashboard button, you can see your Virtual RC and Virtual DC. After you click on that the QR code will appear. You can take the screenshot and paste it on the windshield of the vehicle. Police officers deployed for vehicle checking duty can scan the QR code and obtain the details.
On the mParivahan app, you can add any number of vehicles that are owned by you or is for your personal use. For instance, if a wife is driving a vehicle owned by her husband, she can also add the Virtual RC on her mobile. Similarly, the DL and RC of a particular vehicle can be added to more than one mobile.