Free Laptop Scheme for Students: The Kerala government has created an online education program for schoolchildren in response to the ongoing threat of COVID 19. The program connects professors and students through a series of online sessions that may be viewed from the comfort of one’s own home, a community center, or a library while adhering to the specified hygiene and physical distancing guidelines.
But, it is a fact that around 2.65 lakh of the State’s 43 lakh schoolchildren do not have proper access to the online educational program due to the lack of devices. The majority of these children are most likely from Kudumbashree members’ houses. Against this backdrop, Kerala State Financial Enterprises (KSFE) has suggested a scheme in which it will work with Kudumbashree to create a Microcredit Scheme called KSFE Vidyashree to help member families obtain laptops so that their children can receive online education.
The investment will be beneficial since children will be able to use the online educational platform after the COVID 19 pandemic has ended and schools have reopened. According to the Government Orders, the ‘KSFE -Vidyasree’ Micro Finance Scheme for the Purchase of Laptops for Students’ was approved, with the cost of the laptops set at Rs.18,000/-. The Electronics & IT Department was assigned with recruiting laptop OEMs to produce laptops at a price of not more than Rs.18,000/-. Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) developed a technical specification for the laptops, which included the software that would be installed, based on the needs of the students.
So, readers, if you’d like to participate in the program, you’ll need to follow some registration procedures. In this article, we provide details such as the program’s qualification requirements, essential features, and what documents you’ll need upon enrollment. But, only students who have passed their 12th board test are eligible to apply under this plan. In addition, the student should study in government-sponsored or government-aided institutions. Interested applicants must download official announcement materials issued by government officials to participate in the online application procedure and receive free laptops.
Before this scheme, the KSFE managed a 15,000 Rs micro chitty scheme for Kudumbasree. Shree. Pinarayi Vijayan, Kerala’s Chief Minister, has also introduced a new Yojana. KSFE Kudumbasree Vidyashree Yojana is the name of the scheme. With the support of KSFE, In that Program also laptops have to provide to needy students.
Free Laptop Scheme’s Most Important Features:
- The total agenda amount is Rs. 15000/-, which must be paid back in 30 months at a rate of Rs. 500/- each month. After subtracting the commission, a member who joins the scheme will receive Rs. 14,250/-. NHGs and NHG members, on the other hand, are rewarded for timely returns.
- Interested members from any neighborhood group who have completed 6 months of credit repayment may join the group through their NHGs.
- From the third month of the scheme’s inception, members who join the Vidyashree scheme to procure a laptop will be supplied a laptop by KSFE releasing the cost of the laptop (within Rs.14250/-) to the impaneled agencies. Others who join the program as a way of saving will be able to withdraw their funds after the 13th month of the scheme’s inception.
- The IT Department will negotiate and appoint agencies to deliver laptops at a reduced cost.
- The interest component of this Micro Credit Program would be shared between the Kerala government and KSFE.
Also, Read :
The objectives of the Kerala KSFE Kudumashree Vidyashree Scheme
- The Kerala KSFE Free Laptop Scheme 2022 was established for students from financially weak families in the state.
- This yojana has a microfinance system that provides funding to students for the purchase of a laptop.
- Most significantly, the goal must be to make education accessible and effective for students over the internet.
- The Kerala government also plans to provide free internet access to financially poor families to aid their children’s schooling.
- In addition, around 40 lakh Kudumbasree employees are eligible to participate in the scheme.
- A total of 2.65 lakh pupils have benefited from the program.
- Students must first pay Rs 500 to the respective department as an installment payment. The department then provides their laptop.
- Finally, the government has launched this initiative with an easy payment plan.
|Name of the scheme||Kerala KSFE Laptop Scheme 2022|
|Or KSFE Vidyasree Scheme 2022|
|Launched by||Dr. T M Thomas Issac|
|Work under||The Government of Kerala State|
|Its benefit||To provide free laptops with the help of the scheme.|
|Main objective||To introduce education through technology|
|Beneficiaries||Students from Kerala state|
How to Apply Online for Kudumashree Vidyashree
This scheme started last year during the worst time of covid-19 beginning. Students can, however, benefit from having free computers this year as well. As a result, student needs to register using the online registration process. Students must pay Rs 500 to the KSFE as a loan sum for three months to join the scheme. After that, they can use the scheme’s laptop for free.
Specification of Free Laptop offered in the scheme
|Name of Brand||HP|
|Name of the System||ELCOT PC|
|Processor||Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor|
|Size of the screen||14 Inch|
|Type of System||X86|
|RAM||2 GB DD R3 SD RAM|
|Speed||1066 MHz Speed|
|Market Price of Laptop||25,000 Rupees|
|ROM/Hard Disk||Minimum 160 GB to 320 GB Maximum|
|Inbuilt Software||Microsoft Office|
Despite the large number of students that apply to this scheme, only the most deserving students will receive benefits. Beneficiaries will be intellectual students who received good grades in their 12th board exams. The program also considers Schedule Castes (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC). However, this system will encourage students to learn, applicants must first complete a registration form.
Eligibility Criteria for the Kerala KSFE Free Laptop Scheme:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Kerala.
- The candidates’ family’s entire income should be below the poverty line.
- The student must have received at least 80 percent in the 12th-grade board exams.
- As a result, the applicant’s family’s annual income should not exceed 2.5 lakh.
- Students who have completed medical or engineering courses are also eligible to apply.
- In addition, the scheme provides benefits to SC, ST, and OBC category students too.
Document List for Laptop Scheme :
- Aadhar Card
- Also, Identity Card
- Residential Proof
- Marks Sheet of Previous Class
- In addition, a domicile certificate
- Mobile number
- Also Email Id
- Passport size photo
How to Apply for Kerala Laptop Scheme in Malayalam(Online)
Interested candidates must first go to the Kerala KSFE Laptop Scheme 2022 Official Website. After that, the candidate will be taken to the official link’s homepage. Then there is a login option on the homepage. So go ahead and click that.
After that, a new page with the name login page displays in front of you. Then you must fill in your information and press the submit button. You are now logged in to the main website. As a result, you must click on the Registration link. Then you’ll be presented with a registration form. After that, fill in all of the required information. Also, upload all of the documents. Choose the name of your school or college. To finish the registration procedure, click the submit button. After you’ve completed the application procedure, you’ll be given a reference number to use when submitting your application. You can verify the status of the application using that reference number. Contact the official number provided if you have any questions about the plan.