Did you buy any new vehicles or sell anyone to someone and now looking for instructions to transfer your vehicle ownership in Kerala. Then this article is for you.
In this article, let us discuss how to transfer your vehicle ownership in Kerala, what documents you need to submit, how many fees you need to pay, where to apply, procedures to pay pending taxes, and much more.
Documents Needed for Transfer of Ownership of Vehicle in Kerala
In Kerala, the following documents are necessary for automobile ownership transfer.
- Age proof (Optional)
- Address Proof (Mandatory)
- Auction proceedings (Optional)
- Consent from other legal heirs (Optional)
- Death Certificate of Owner (Optional)
- Form 30 (Optional)
- form-32–auction in case vehicle purchased or acquired in public auction (Optional)
- Legal heir certificate (Optional)
- PAN Card (Optional)
- Releasing Letter (Optional)
- Transfer in case of public auction (Optional)
FEES to Pay to transfer your vehicle ownership in Kerala
A transfer charge of Rs.150/- is required in the case of two-wheelers and Rs.300/- in the case of motor vehicles.
As transfer tax, a lump sum tax of 15% of the initial lump sum tax should be paid; however, if the vehicle is more than 8 years old, a tax of 1% or Rs.100/-, whichever is larger, must be paid.
Prerequisites for Transfer of Ownership of Vehicle in Kerala
- Valid Vehicle Number, Chassis Number, and Mobile Number for OTP
- Valid details about payment modes like Internet banking, Debit/Credit Card, etc details for making payments
Process of Transfer of Ownership of Vehicle in Kerala
To transfer ownership of the car, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Parivahan website.
- Enter the registration number of your vehicle. To continue, click the Proceed button.
- Your vehicle details will be displayed. Click on Proceed.
- Online Services will be displayed. Choose the services you’ll need. In this situation, choose the Basic Services option ( Transfer of Ownership, Change of Address, Hypothecation..)
- Enter the last five digits chassis number.
- Enter your phone number and click the “Generate OTP” button.
- An OTP will be generated and delivered to the applicant’s mobile phone number, as well as a pop-up message.Enter the OTP that was sent to you.
- Choose the needed application to which applicants wish to submit an application. Now, as seen below, fill in all of the information requested by the application form. Applicants can also view a breakdown of the fees for each application. And then press the “Pay Now” button.
- The candidate will be presented with a confirmation box. Confirm the details before moving forward.
- Make the payment that is required.
- Transactions are approved and a fee receipt is created if the bank status is successful.
- Please upload the necessary documentation.
- Submit your application.
- For verification/approval, go to the RTO.
Payment Failure at Vahan Online Services
|For Latest Jobs||Apply Now|
In addition to the Vahan application, online payment in Vahan Online Services involves a Payment Gateway and third-party banks. The transaction remains pending if banks or payment gateways take too long to respond. The user must wait for the specified waiting period (usually 1-2 hours, but this varies by state) and then utilize the “Check Pending” option to find the most recent status and, if successful, print the receipt.
In the event that your payment is declined, you must reapply.
In the event that a payment is successful but the receipt printing fails: Allow 1-2 hours for the process to complete.
Then go to the home page. Check the status of any pending transactions by going to Status>Check Pending Transactions.
- Enter Registration Number and Chassis Number. Click Show details
- Select the respective Transaction and Click Check to Bank and confirm Payment.
- If Transaction failed then apply again
Frequently Asked Questions about Vehicle Ownership Transfer
- I have a car in Kerala. But now I am in Dubai. Can I able to sell my car from here?
Ans: Sure, It is possible. Do the transfer of ownership through the online process, aadhar authentication,sign-on forms, upload pay fees, and do the final submission.
2. Which vehicle items do you have to select to get a car or bike license?
Ans: For a bike, select Motor cycle with gear. For cars, choose LMV(Light Motor Vehicle)
3. How can I do RC book name correction?
Ans: The only way to correct the name in RC is to do the Transfer of Ownership process. It is better to consult with RTO before any move.
Car Info App, All Your Vehicle Information in Fingertips(Opens in a new browser tab)
How to Download Vehicle Pollution Certificate Online in Kerala(Opens in a new browser tab)
Drive the Vehicle without Book and Paper Fine Procedure(Opens in a new browser tab)
How to Find Vehicle Owner Details by Registration Number in online(Opens in a new browser tab)