Correction in Birth Certificate Online Kerala-Spelling Mistake on Birth Certificate: A birth certificate is a vital legal document and any discrepancy in it should be corrected immediately. Sometimes, the hospital staffs commit errors while entering the baby’s name, parent’s name, date of birth, gender, and other details to the municipal corporation. Sometimes, these errors occur at the corporation office by staff while entering the details in their records.
In this article, we are going to discuss regarding how mistakes in your birth certificate can be cleared easily. If there are any mistakes in the birth certificate which we got of our baby, for instance, in the birth certificate I received of my baby instead of Mathilakathparambil, Mathilakath is only written. It indicates that the mistake in the house name needs to be rectified in the birth certificate.
Address Correction Birth Certificate in Kerala
Firstly, you need to get a One and Same Certificate from the village office with the declaration that both Mathilakathparambil and Mathilakath are the same.
In order to get the One and Same Certificate, you need to go to the Akshaya and give a request. If the baby’s original certificate and parent’s aadhar card are submitted you will get the One and Same Certificate.
After getting the One and Same Certificate from the village you need to take a Photostat copy of it. Your child’s original certificate copy and your aadhar card are mandatory documents. You need to mention in the white paper that your correct house name is Mathilakathparamu and Mathilakath has been spelled wrong. Then you have to send a request letter to the superintendent of the hospital in which your baby was born. Superintendent will go through all the details and will give you a declaration letter.
After getting that declaration letter, in stamp paper of Rs. 100 parents of the child should mention that our baby was born on this specific day at this specific hospital. In the birth certificate which has been provided of our baby, our house name has wrongly been written as Mathilakath. We humbly request you to rectify and error and correct it as Mathilakathparambil. Stating that we hereby declare that whatever we have mentioned above are true, the parents of the child need to put their signature below.
|For Latest Jobs||Apply Now|
Stamp paper of Rs. 100, declaration letter which we received from the hospital in which the baby was born, baby’s original certificate, baby’s father’s and mother’s identity cards are the mandatory documents. In the error rectification request form which we get from local self-government departments, the spelling mistake should be noted down on the left side and the correct words which have to be replaced in place of spelling mistake should be noted down on the right side. For instance, the spelling mistake here is Mathilakath should be written on the left side and the correct spelling Mathilakathparambu should be written on the right side of the form. Both the parents of the child should sign on that form along with the above-mentioned documents and have to pay the required fees at the front office. Within some days, the spelling mistake in the birth certificate of your child will be rectified. After error rectification, you will either get the certificate online or directly.
Correction in Birth Certificate Online Kerala-Spelling Mistake on Birth Certificate
Name correction in Birth Certificate
If your child’s name has been entered wrong in the birth certificate (like pet names or spelling mistakes), the name can be corrected as per the name entered in the admission register of the concerned school.
For corrections in the Birth Certificate the applicant should follow the below procedure:
- Approach the Local Birth Registrar of the concerned Local Self Government Institutions i.e. Secretaries of Gram Panchayats and Registrars of Municipalities and Corporations
- For this, the parents need to submit an affidavit mentioning the reasons why the wrong name was entered in the Birth Register
- In case the child is a major, he or she has to submit the application
- To remit from punishment, a payment of Rs.50 as compounding fee is necessary
- The name will be corrected as same as in the school certificate and not as entered in any other documents
Initials Correction in Kerala Birth Certificate
- For correcting the initials in the birth certificate the applicant should approach the Local Birth Registrar of the concerned Local Self Government. For correcting initials, parents (if the child is minor) have to submit an affidavit mentioning the reasons why the wrong name was entered in the Birth Register. They have to remit Rs.50 as compounding fee. After correction, they need to apply for a new certificate.
Correction of parents name in Birth Certificate
Kerala Government has released a circular for correcting parents’ names in the birth certificate.
According to the rules, the applicant will have to submit the following documents to the Registrar of birth and in the Municipality to correct parents’ names in the Birth Certificate:
- Certificate obtained from 2 gazetted officers
- Certificate from village officers
- Marriage Certificate of parents
- Hospital documents where there is a clear mention of the name of the parents and child and the date of birth
The name of parents in birth registration will be corrected based on a detailed analysis of certificates provided by 2 gazetted officers, village officers, and all other related documents.
Also Read >>
Kerala SSLC Book Correction : How to make the corrections in the SSLC book?
How to Aadhaar correction online