Some of the things that users of ATM cards should know…
This is the period of cashflies payment. If you have a debit card or credit card, you can buy anything. Have you ever considered whether the credit card and the debit card give us the full security of our money? ATM card and credit card will provide banks with full security on our money. But the fall and negligence of using it may sometimes result in huge losses. Here are some security warnings provided by the police for those using debit / credit cards in case of ATM robbery;
- 1. The bank authorities will not ask for information about your personal information or credit / debit card or e-mail or phone. So do not reply to these questions.
- 2. Do not give one time password for transaction.
- 3. Please note that credit card / debit card update and ignore the source or the link or mail you do not know.
- Remember that information about card number, PIN number, CVV, date of berth, expiry on card etc are scare or fraudulent.
- 4. Ensure that SMS or email notification is coming up for each of your transactions.
- 5. Do not use your card to anyone else.
- 6. You must always have your bank’s customer care number.
- 7. Do not give copies of your card or statement to anyone else.
- 8. Do not write the card PIN number and CVV number in one place.
- 9. Always check the Transaction SMS.
- 10. If you have avoided or changed the phone number / email associated with the bank, you should update the information at the earliest date.
The highest number of ATM frauds is scammers using. Skimmer is an instrument that can read information on our ATM card. The usual skimmers are designed to fit in front of the slot in the ATM card. Look at the picture. If you find something suspicious before the card slot, notify the bank without that ATM.