Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is a government-backed accident insurance scheme in India.It was formally launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 8 May in Kolkata.Suraksha Bima Yojana is a personal accident insurance policy. It is Accidental Death Insurance.
Features Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Insurance cover from 18 years to 70 years
- There is no insurance cover for natural death
- Rs. 2 Lakhs for Accidental Death and Total Disability
- Up to Rs 1 lakh for partial disability
- Rs 12 Annual premium
- 2 lakh insurance cover for one year
Anyone over the age of 18 can enroll in the scheme. The Central Government will invest a certain amount in addition to its members during the plan period. The amount of pension will be based on the amount paid. Payment of up to twenty years According to the Prime Minister’s Security Bima Yojana, if a person dies or becomes disabled, he or she gets insurance.
Payment should be made through a bank account. The annual premium for the scheme is only Rs.12. If you die or you lose sight of both eyes, you get Rs 2 lakh and Rs 1 lakh for partial disability.