A duplicate driving license is a copy of an existing driving license that is issued to a person in case his driving license is being stolen, lost or destroyed. RTO offices all across India have the authority to issue a duplicate driving license to an individual whose original license is torn, misplaced or stolen. A duplicate driving license can be issued from the same RTO that issued the original driving license. In Kerala, any person can get a duplicate driving license offline and online too.
Steps after losing driving license:
If any person has lost their driving license, they have to follow the below-mentioned steps to get a duplicate one:
- Go to the police station that has jurisdiction over the area where the driving license has been lost.
- Make a complaint that driving license has been lost and get a copy of the First Information Report (FIR).
- Visit the Notary office to get an affidavit on a stamped paper. The affidavit will act as proof that the applicant has taken an oath before the concerned officer that their licence has been lost.
Documents required for applying duplicate driving license:
Here is a list of documents that the applicant will require in order to apply for a duplicate driving licence in Kerala:
- Application Form DLLD
- Fee payment receipt
- A First Instance Report (FIR) – How to file FIR
- Affidavit (original – signed by the notary)
- Attested photocopies of the original driver license (in case the same is lost)
- 2 passport-size photos
Fees for duplicate driving licence:
To receive a duplicate driving license, the applicant has to pay Rs. 550 as fees.
Online application for duplicate driving license:
- Access the home page of the Motor Vehicle Department of Kerala.
- The applicant should select the RTO name to apply for the license.
- Enter the license number in the given boxes correctly.
- Select the date of birth which should be entered in the format ‘dd/mm/yyyy’.
- Click on the ‘Go’ button.
- The license details will appear on the screen.
- Click Next Button.
- Fill up additional requirements if any asked by the computer and click on apply.
The applicant will get an application number and can take a printout of the full set of applications. Submit the printed forms with a fee or e-pay receipt and all other documents which have been mentioned to concerned RT or Sub RT Office. Once the formalities are complete, the duplicate driving license will be sent to the registered address. The applicant will also receive a receipt that can be used until he or she gets a duplicate driving licence.
Offline application for duplicate driving license:
The applicant can quickly get a duplicate driving license offline by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the RTO office that issued their original driving license.
- Ask the RTO officials to give the form DLLD, which is the application form for getting a duplicate driving license.
- Fill the form and attach all the supporting documents which have been mentioned.
- They will have to pay the nominal fees of Rs. 550 to process the driving license application.
- Once the application procedure is complete, the applicant will receive a receipt which can be used till the time they do not obtain their duplicate driving license. The applicant receives the duplicate driving license by post to the address on the driving license.