Dubai is one of the most popular destinations for tourists from all over the world. With its stunning architectural feats, vibrant culture, and world-class hospitality, it’s no wonder why people flock to this beautiful city. However, planning a vacation in Dubai can be a bit tricky if you don’t have the right visa. The good news is that there are several options available for those who need to extend their stay in Dubai beyond the initial entry visa. In this blog post, we will explore the various alternatives and provide information on how to apply for a Dubai visa extension online. Let’s get started!
What is a Dubai Visa Extension?
A Dubai visa extension is an authorization granted by the UAE government that allows an individual to remain in the country for a specified period of time beyond the expiration date of their initial visa. An extension can be obtained for a variety of reasons, including business, tourism, or family reasons. The process for obtaining a Dubai visa extension is relatively simple and can be completed online.
When applying for a Dubai visa extension, individuals will need to provide some basic information about themselves and the reason for their request. The application will also require a passport-style photograph. Once the application has been submitted, it will be reviewed by the UAE government and a decision will be made within a few days. If approved, the individual will receive their Dubai visa extension via email.
Who is eligible for a Dubai Visa Extension?
According to the latest Dubai visa rules, the following categories of visa holders are eligible for a visa extension:
1. Tourist and visit visas: Visa holders who entered the UAE on a tourist or visit visa can apply for a one-time extension of their visa validity for 30 days.
2. Residence visas: Expatriates holding valid residence visas can apply for an extension of their visa validity for up to 60 days. In order to be eligible for this type of extension, the applicant must have a valid health insurance policy in place.
3. Employment visas: Employees holding valid employment visas can apply for an extension of their visa validity for up to 60 days. In order to be eligible for this type of extension, the applicant must have a valid health insurance policy in place.
|For Latest Jobs||Apply Now|
4. Student visas: Students holding valid student visas can apply for an extension of their visa validity for up to 60 days. In order to be eligible for this type of extension, the applicant must have a valid health insurance policy in place.
How to apply for a Dubai Visa Extension online
Assuming that you have a valid visa and wish to extend your stay in Dubai, here are the steps that you need to follow:
1. Go to the website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA)
2. Click on the ‘e-Services’ tab and then select ‘Visa Extension’ from the drop-down menu
3. Enter your Emirates ID number and other required information in the online form
4. Make sure to upload all the necessary documents as mentioned on the website
5. Once you have submitted the form, you will be given a Reference Number which can be used to track your application status online
6. You will also be asked to pay the visa extension fee online through a credit or debit card
What are the requirements for a Dubai Visa Extension?
If your visa is about to expire and you want to extend your stay in Dubai, you can do so by applying for a visa extension. The requirements for a Dubai visa extension are as follows:
– You must have a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity remaining.
– You must have a valid UAE residence permit.
– You must have completed the required health tests and vaccinations.
– You must submit the required documents, including your travel itinerary, hotel booking confirmation, and proof of financial means.
– You must pay the required fees.
How long does it take to process a Dubai Visa Extension application?
It takes a minimum of 4 working days to process a Dubai visa extension application. However, the processing time may vary depending on the applicant’s nationality and the type of visa they are applying for. For example, nationals of certain countries may be required to submit additional documents which can prolong the processing time.
For Dubai visitors, the visa extension online process allows for a seamless and simple experience. The facilities provided by the government are always on point, making it easier to manage your stay in Dubai without complicated paperwork and procedures. Moreover, you will also be able to enjoy some great benefits during your extended stay as well. Now that you have all the information about extending your Dubai visa online, you can plan out your stay more confidently!